Monday, November 05, 2007

Chickpea Cutlets

Yep, from "Veganomicon"too. I used some of the chickpeas that I soaked for hubby's hummus. (The rest of them were made into Dreena Burton's Tamari Roasted Chickpeas from her new "Eat, Drink & Be Vegan" Book) They are quite tasty, and I got hubby to at least nibble on the edge of mine. I didn't take a picture, mainly because the night I made them I wasn't feeling so great, so I didn't actually make a sauce to go with them. I ate them with some BBQ sauce. They were great that way, btw. They smell a bit like stuffing, but that's probably also because I didn't have any plain bread to use as breadcrumbs, all I had was some potato dill bread that I had made for hubby's lunches. Either way it was still darn tasty! I doubled the recipe, made it in the food processor and froze 6 patties. I ate two that night. When I go to actually eat them, I'll fix one of the sauces from the book and I'll try to take a picture.

And those roasted chickpeas....they smell divine!

I was looking forward to making buckwheat crepes this weekend, but the recipe called for a blender, and since mine just died, I wasn't sure if I should chance it yet or not. I decided to wait for right now and I went with my normal egg version that I can use my hand mixer on. I ended up only eating like 3 and my heart just wasn't in it even though they were fine. Hubby loved them though. I am not sure if it was my brain over-riding or if it's because of my Topamax making things taste odd now.

No comments: