Sunday, January 04, 2009

Cheesecake-y yogurt

I made some no-bake cheesecake filling a few weeks ago. It's still good (I keep it way back in the cold corner of the fridge, I'm surprised it hasn't frozen actually). I don't eat it all that often since it's still doesn't have much in terms of redeeming healthy nutritional qualities. That and the fact that I can't eat a lot of Cool-Whip without problems, which gives me a good reason to limit how much I eat in the first place. Anyway. This morning I decided to see how it would be if I threw a small dollop into my FF plain greek yogurt instead of using honey. Yummy! It kinda cuts the sweetness of the cheesecake filling, and then makes me feel like I'm eating a cheesecake for breakfast too. :) I usually just spread some of the filling on graham crackers (which I'm out of) and have it with an apple or something. I'm thinking of adding a bit of cocoa next time for a bit of chocolate cheesecake taste.

The recipe:

No-Bake Cheesecake

1 cup Confectioners' Sugar
8 oz softened cream cheese (I used the Neufchatel, generic)
8 oz Cool-Whip, thawed (I used Fat-free generic)

With mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, then Cool-Whip until all ingredients are completely blended. Will fit back into Cool-Whip container. [I guess-timated that it was 25 servings for the WW Recipe Builder and it came out 1 Point. That is going on the fact that it took up as much room as the Cool-Whip did. The Cool Whip container holds 8 oz and has 2 Tbsp for a serving size, with 25 servings per container.)

If you'd like you can put mixture in a 6 oz graham cracker crust. You can also top with 21 oz fruit filling and chill.

Dinner last night ended up being what I'll call Shepherd's Pie, but technically it wasn't since I used ground turkey. Not sure what it's called since a Shepherd's pie has lamb, and a Cottage pie has ground beef but I'm not sure what you'd call it when it has ground turkey. Tonight I'll make a cheese pizza I think. I have a bunch of different cheeses that I bought: RF blue, RF feta, shredded Swiss, RF cheddar, Parmesan. And I do think I might have some prosciutto somewhere too.

I picked up the January Southern Living the other day because I had started to read it while at my mom's a few weeks ago. In their Healthy Living section they had an article where the writer had cone to the Cooper Wellness program and had culled some of the stuff she had learned from her 6 days there into 10 steps. The article can be seen here: http://www.southernliving.com/healthy-living/fitness/10-resolutions-00400000037592/
The first one really struck me for some reason:
1. Change Your Mind

The Cooper program spends a lot of time excuse-busting. Get over all those preconceived notions you have about yourself. Write down every reason you have not to work out or eat healthfully. Then consider a solution for each problem. Give your body and mind the same consideration you give your automobile. Your workouts maintain the most important vehicle you will ever own. How far this body takes you is largely based on your choices. “Don’t die of something stupid,” Dr. Cooper says. “You are beautifully and wonderfully made.”

No comments: