Monday, September 29, 2008

Pumpkin Mochi

I will have to be on the look out for sweet rice flour now. This looks really good, and it's been quite awhile since I've had mochi. It also looks pretty easy to make, another plus. :) You should go look at the picture of this from Zakka life's blog where the recipe comes from: http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2008/09/pumpkin-mochi-recipe.html Doesn't that look yummy??? And it's the perfect time for this now that fall is here! I'm hoping I can find the sweet rice flour - I think I saw it in the the Asian grocery store one time, but it's been a bit since I've been there.

Pumpkin Mochi

29 oz can Pumpkin puree
14 oz can Sweetened condensed milk
1 Cup of butter melted
4 Eggs, beaten
2 tsp Vanilla
1 lb box Mochiko-sweet rice flour
2 Cups Sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1. In a medium bowl mix mochiko flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.

2. In a large bowl mix all the other ingredients. Then add the dry ingredients.

3. Pour into a greased 13 by 9 inch baking dish.

4. Bake at 375 for one hour. Let cool. Done.

*The texture of this is a cross between pumpkin pie and mochi.

No comments: