Monday, October 27, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

So, I'm taking the easy way out once more for Menu Plan Monday. I'm going to use the $50 Menu from the Fall 08 Clean Eating Magazine. I had good luck with the last one, and things aren't going to go so well this week - I'm going to make it easy on myself.

You see, we're going to have to euthanize Percy on Tuesday- I have to make the call in a few minutes to make the appointment. He's not the pug in my picture. He's the first pug that I've owned as an adult though (I grew up with one, Rupert), and he just turned 15 recently. His liver is failing and we're at the point where we really can't do much else and I don't want to get to the point where he's being supported by IV's and such. He's gotten to the point where he's not eating much, and I'm already cooking for him, trying different things to get him to eat. His gums are starting to turn yellow (jaundice) and as someone who has liver problems of her own, I don't want him to suffer a lot of pain because he's one stoic little guy. I got him while hubby and I were still dating, and he really took to hubby and he's really hubby's dog. Hubby hasn't owned a pet before, so this is really hard for him. :(

I will be doing pizza for dinner on Fri - I just haven't figured out what kind - it'll depend on what we feel like by that time. I also must admit I haven't felt like typing up the recipes yet either, not sure when I will. Sorry. :( I will try to get it done before next week.

If you want the shopping list, it can be found at www.cleaneatingmag.com And the actual magazine is still on the stands. I couldn't find tostadas in the local grocery store - I'll check in a few stores while I'm in Richmond today - maybe even some of the hispanic ones but it'll depend on how many I feel like visiting. I may just bake some corn tortillas instead. If you want more menu ideas visit I'm an Orgainizing Jukie: http://orgjunkie.com/2008/10/menu-plan-monday-oct-27th.html

Black Bean Tostadas 6 pts
Veggie, Rice & Cheese Supreme 5 pts
Sesame-Mango Chicken with Brown Rice 8 pts
Turkey Ragout with Garlic Bread 8 pts
Thai-Style Tofu with Noodles 7 pts
Pizza

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Great menu!!
I'm a WW member, too. I love the variety in your menu.
Where did you find that magazine? I've never seen it, but it looks impressive. :)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for what you are going through this week. Having to say good bye to a wonderful friend is hard. I had to do what you are back in '04 and it was a very hard thing to do and I was so glad to have my hubby with me, I could't have done it w/o him.

(((((hugs)))))
Elaine