Couscous fritters with feta
- 175g couscous
- 200ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- 85g feta cheese, cut into 1cm cubes
- 50g SunBlush tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil or vegetable oil
- Measure the couscous into a large heatproof bowl, pour over the hot stock, then cover with cling film. Leave to stand for 5 mins or until the couscous has absorbed the stock and is soft. Add the egg and yogurt and mix well. Season, then fold through the cheese, tomatoes and spring onions.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into burgers. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then cook the fritters over a medium heat for 3 mins on each side until golden. Serve with a green salad and a spoonful of your favourite chutney.
Making the fritters
Wet your hands before shaping the fritters to stop the mixture sticking to your hands. SunBlush tomatoes are softer than sundried. If you only have sundried, stir them into the couscous before adding the stock.
Nutrition per Serving: 510 kcalories, protein 19g, carbohydrate 51g, fat 27g, saturated fat 8g, fibre 1g, sugar 7g, salt 2.6g