Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I have found THE dough for our Pizzas!

Picture010.jpg
Picture010.jpg,
originally uploaded by dibranchia.
It's actually a dough for bialy's. (It's kinda like a bagel except it's not boiled and instead of a hole it's got a depression that is filled will an onion/poppyseed mixture). I think I've posted the actual recipes from the Washington Post (from 1994!) a few posts down. Anway, as I ate the Bialy's I thought it would make a great Bialy dough, and after making this as pizza dough 3 times now I will have to agree, and so do our friends. Now I'm on the search for our fave pizza sauce.

Bialy Pizza Dough

I make it in the ABM but you could easily make it by hand or in a mixer

1 1/2 c warm water
2 1/2 tsp salt
5 to 5 1/2 cup bread flour (use AP if by hand)
5 tsp sugar
4 tsp active dry yeast

ABM: Dough setting. The dough is much nicer if you let it go through the extra rising of that instead of the pizza dough setting.

I par-bake at 450 for 4 min (as in the picture) and then top and bake for 8 minutes until crust is brown and cheese is starting to brown.

I can actually form ROUND pizza - not amoeba shaped pizzas with this dough! It's taken me 10 + years to be able to do this! The only that has changed is this dough!

No comments: