Monday, February 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Well, once more not much of a plan. Our 10 year anniversary is on Thurs, and I still have no idea of what I'm going to cook. Hubby and I don't really feel like a hunk of red meat on our plate - we had prime rib as part of our dinner (It was just our immediate family at a local B&B in Stauton) and a Chocolate Orange Cheesecake as our wedding cake. I don't want a whole cheesecake around what with WW and all, even if it is in the freezer since there's just the 2 of us. I was asking hubby what he felt like, and he also doesn't really have any dish that he feels like he wants, I guess knowing that he could pretty much have anything he wanted, and knowing that it would be tasty gets kinda old? ;) Anyway after looking at each other and shrugging for a few minutes, he asked if there was any type of food that either of us could think of that summed up our ten years together? He came up with liver (my recent medical problems) and I came up with Ham (well...you know me...). So we're still kinda stuck at what to make. He's off this week, so we'll come up with something, probably on the day of. It also doesn't help that he's already got Keema Matar in the fridge that he likes, and I've got Sauerbraten in the fridge that I like, so really, we're happy. hahahaha! And: last week I lost 1.6 lbs, giving me a 15.6 lb loss so far for WW! Course this week I'm sure I won't be seeing much of one, and I'm ok with that. If I do, that's fine and if I don't, that's also ok. Between the Indian foods (which I did do well on just no idea how to even try to count it) and what we may have for our Anniversary Dinner (which deserves to be a true celebration) if I gain it won't be the end of the world.

Monday: Chicken Noodle Soup - Using some leftover chicken from a rotisserie chicken I picked up and since hubby gets his cap put on his tooth this morning
Tues: Leftover Roast Pork with wild rice pilaf
Wed: Leftover Pea Soup
Thurs: Our Anniversary
Fri: Possibly Homemade Pizza
Sat & Sunday: Wait and See what the week brings I have meals in the freezer I can use

To see more menu ideas visit I'm an Organizing Junkie http://orgjunkie.com/2008/02/menu-plan-monday-feb-25th.html

No comments: