Monday, February 11, 2008

Sick Hubby

Picture024.jpg
Picture024.jpg,
originally uploaded by dibranchia.
Hubby has actually called in sick. Something I think he's only done once or twice for as long as I've been married to him, so you know he's not feeling well at all! He's always telling me how often Miko and I sleep alike, and now I have proof that Percy and he sleep alike too. Poor thing! He's actually asked for canned chicken noodle soup for lunch too, even though I told him I'd make it homemade for him.

I am doing a 14 days of Valentines for him (ie- 1 Hershey's kiss on the 1st, 4 Honeybuns on the 4th day, 6 Krispy Kreme doughnuts on the 6th, a massage on the 10th [10 fingers]) and was tempted to actually buy 10 cans of Chicken Noodle soup for him the other day, but didn't think I could find room for all of them, not to mention they weren't on sale either. Today I've left 11 little post-it's all around the house telling him little reasons why I love him. I got the idea for the 14 days from Carrie (http://scarehaircare.blogspot.com/) on a WW board I like to read (and I participate in occasionally). She does it much better than I do.

Yesterday wasn't much fun. Not because hubby and I weren't feeling well but because of the weather. It wasn't even that cold yesterday. We had high winds, and we ended up losing power for quite a few hours. Found out later, once it came back, that there was a pretty big fire because of it (the power lines falling on the dry trees and such) and people actually being evacuated. And it didn't just happen in my county but other counties in Richmond too! http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-02-11-0173.html

Needless to say, not much got done yesterday. Although I did get the ceiling fans cleaned. That way I didn't have dust snakes when they started up again.

Today not much else will get done. It's another day of not feeling so great, but that's ok. I'll get done what I can. Dinner tonight is pulled from the freezer, it's enchiladas. All I have to do is put it together, I froze everything separately (takes up less room that way). If hubby doesn't feel like eating it, I'll still fix it, and he can have soup. That way it's still made and it won't go bad since it's thawed. I get to play nurse today.

No comments: