Monday, May 12, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Ok, so far for the next few days it's to use up the meals that I cooked yesterday (well the parts of it that I cooked see this post http://view-from-the-stove.blogspot.com/2008/05/im-aaaaalive.html):

Monday: Herbed Turkey Burgers (just ground turkey with some Italian seasoning) and I'm thinking about making potato salad. I wish is was warmer here though - I may just make garlic fries.

Tuesday: Spaghetti and Meatballs (finally!) with Garlic bread

Wednesday: Gyros (not sure what I'm going to serve as a side with this since tomatoes aren't exactly tasty yet, probably just a Greek-style salad)

Thurs: Herbed Sirloin Steak with baked potatoes

Fri: Far East Grillers

With that last one, it could change, you see, the chicken is just that, frozen chicken breasts, so it could actually be whatever I want it to be and we may be leaving Friday night to head up to my mothers so I'm not even sure if I'll just use leftovers from Thursday and make steak sandwiches anyway. We'll have to see what happens.

For other meal ideas check out I'm an Organizing Junkie: http://orgjunkie.com/2008/05/menu-plan-monday-may-12th.html

And then our grill died. It's been dying and when we researched last year how much it would cost to replace the burners and such we found out that the company doesn't technically make that model anymore so the parts are pretty hard to find and pretty expensive. It doesn't help that they are cast-iron so the shipping and handling are pretty high too (but that's also why they've lasted for a while too). To but new ones will cost as much as buying a new grill almost - and we're not even sure if they'll fit either. And to top it off, we're not even sure if that will totally fix the problem we're having. We do know that we need to replace the burners (there's 3 separate ones) but we're having problems finding the rest of the parts to fix the rest of it. We really hate to "waste" the grill and the fact that most of them seem to be disposable. From what we've heard and read, Weber seems to keep a pretty good back stock of parts so we're going to look into getting one of those and hopefully we won't have to go through this again. I do have a charcoal grill (it's also a smoker) - but there's a few problems: 1)it takes so long to light it for just 2 people and 2)the smoke give me problems with my allergies so we haven't even used it yet. I wonder if there is a way to convert a former gas grill to a charcoal grill - that would at least help with one problem hubby has with charcoal grills - he's afraid of a fire starting since the one I have is so close to the ground. All this to say mom is going to give me her grill that she hasn't used in years until we can afford to get a new one. Yay!

No comments: