Monday, July 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Well, we finally used all the recipes I had planned from two weeks ago. And they were worth the wait. What I call Deconstructed Egg Salad from Jamie Oliver's "Cook" was tasty, easy and great for a hot day. I'll have to remember it since we're going to be heading into hot and humid August (course it sounds like there's going to be a few hot and humid July's left here this week too). And I served the Pecan Crusted Chicken yesterday while at my MiL's. Everyone loved it- although instead of pan sauteeing it, I oven baked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Ok, so most of this weeks menu is coming out of a new cookbook that hubby got me, "Fix, Freeze, Feast" by Kati Neville and Lindsay Tkacsik. I am not making these recipes for the freezer since mine's pretty well stocked still (not with meals, but with frozen foods), but these recipes looked good and I'll probably use the meats from the freezer in recipes. I picked up some short-dated meats and a pork loin on sale with some of the recipes in mind. Actually, the pork loin I knew I wanted Uncle Harry's Pork chops, but knew that I could use the other half for either a roast or chops recipes that are in the book and I'm going to go for a CP roast to freeze: Garlic-studded Pork Loin (p 106).

For more menu ideas visit: I'm an Organizing Junkie
Monday (today): Chow Mein (from a La Choy can - hubby's request)
Tuesday: Urban Garlic Chicken (FFF - short-dated whole chicken )
Wednesday: Cheese Steaks (FFF - short dated beef roast)
Thursday: Uncle Harry's Pork Chops
Friday: Swimming Rama (FFF - using chicken from the freezer)

No comments: