Tuesday, July 15, 2008

*WHEW!*

Hubby and I did not sleep well last night. Hubby headed off to work today with pretty much no sleep, and I didn't get much last night myself. He's had a pretty stressfull day yesterday, and is expecting more today. He actually got so worked up he threw his coffee mug (travel-style not ceramic) against a wall and broke the handle - something that is unlike him, so you know he was really stressed out. He said no one even got lunch either because they were so busy. I so remember those days from working at the Vets. Just his stress coupled with my own worries made it hard for my own brain to turn off last night.

To keep myself going today, and to get done what I need to I'm baking. Luckily, most of what I need to get done today is food stuff. I did laundry all day yesterday and the rest of the cleaning can wait. So far today I've made:
a loaf of bread (new recipe)Triple Rich Whole Wheat Bread based on Cornell Bread for hubby's lunches
a log of cookies from the freezer that I thought might be chocolate chip but turned out to be chocolate/butterscotch oatmeal raisin (yes, they are tasty - leftovers from Chrismas baking)
Cranberry-Almond Granola
Scandinavian Muesli I am using a 7 Grain Rolled Cereal Mix that I got from Yoders Country Market in Orange [techically it's Pratt's -It's like the Cheese Shop in Stuarts Draft] since it's got oatmeal in it too I used 1 2/3 cup oatmeal and 1 cup of the 7 grain
tonight is Spicy Turkey Burgers, corn on the cob and Sweet Potato Fries as long as I'm still awake when dinner time rolls around.

No comments: