Friday, August 29, 2008

Looks Good- Greek Bread

I picked up the new "WW 20 Minute Recipes" magazine-like book while at the grocery store today and I haven't even finished looking through it and I found a recipe that I can't wait to try. First off - I love Greek Salads, although I don't think hubby is so enamored of them or I would serve them more often. Anyway, I found this in the Breads Section.

Greek Bread
POINTS: 4 Serve Greek Bread with a simple green salad, and you'll have the flavor and crunch of a traditional Greek Salad. Toss in some grilled fish or chicken for a tasty meal.

1/2 (16 oz) package twin French Bread loaves (such as Pepperidge Farm)
1/2 cup (4 oz) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1 Tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 tsp Greek Seasoning (to make your own go here )
6 Tbsp (1 1/2 oz) crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp chopped pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cup chopped pepperocini peppers

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Slice bread loaf in half horizontally. Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Greek Seasoning in a small bowl; stir well. Spread evenly over cut sides of bread; sprinkle with feta cheese, olives, and pepperoncini peppers.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until bread is toasted. Cut bread into 6 equal portions.

Yield 6 servings (serving size: 1 slice). Per serving: 199 Calories (38% from fat); Fat 8.4g (sat 4.2g); pro 7g; carb 23.6g; fib 1.1g; chol 19mg; iron 1.2mg; sod 701mg; calc 89mg

No comments: