Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last night's dinner - Pad Thai Chicken Noodle Soup.

I did vary a bit from my menu plan last night. The weather broke last yesterday, going from the 90's to 60's. I made chicken broth yesterday in the crockpot, and used some of it for this soup. I saw it while skimming through the 2009 Weight Watchers Annual Recipes. We didn't care much for the peanuts, they were kind of out of place in the soup itself (I know they are scattered on top of the dish itself usually) since they were little crunchy-ish bits in the soup. I would rather stir in a bit of peanut butter if I wanted the taste. I did stir in vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and chili garlic sauce though, because that's what I use when I make pad thai and it gave it a bit more of a normal flavor for me. It was pretty darn tasty, and easy.

Pad Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
From Weight Watchers 2009 Annual Recipes
POINTS: 5
Yield 4 servings. Serving Size: About 1 1/3 cups soup, 1 Tablespoon peanuts, 1 Tablespoon cilantro, and 1 Tablespoon green onions.

Peanuts, cilantro, and green onions add crunch, color and extra flavor to each serving.

2 ounces uncooked rice stick noodles (such as Hokan)
4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken stock
1 cup shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
1 Tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup sliced green onions

Soak rice noodles in warm water to cover according to package directions. Drain.

Bring noodles and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls; top with peanuts, cilantro, and green onions.

Per Serving: Cal 211 (40% from fat); fat 9.3g (sat 2g); Pro 15.9g; carb 17.2g; fib 1.7g; chol 31mg; iron 1.1mg; sod 619mg; calc 21mg

No comments: