Thursday, January 17, 2008

Roasted Brussels Sprouts!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts! I love Brussels Sprouts. I always have, even though I never got to eat them much as a child since my mother didn't like them. And yes, I even liked them boiled. My mother didn't over-cook them. I always asked for her to make me "those little cabbages" and most of the time she made a face and told me no. I just keep forgetting about them now that I'm older. Well, the other weekend we had PBS on, and the RealSimple show was on. They had a recipe that had Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Salmon. I was more interested in the Sprouts and since hubby eats most anything I asked if it was ok if I made them. He said sure. I picked some up yesterday. I should have picked up two containers. I basically used the recipe from Veganomicon, although I roasted at 450 since the other recipe I made (a fish recipe) was cooked at that temp. It worked out fine, was just cooked for less time. It's a good thing that hubby walked in the door soon after they came out of the oven, because there may not have been many left. Course we were both picking at the pan while I finished cooking up the rest of dinner (mac & cheese). We probably would have been happy with just the roasted Sprouts. And they were actually the first things to be finished. YUM!

No comments: