Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pumpkin Spice Cupcake

Picture030.jpg
Picture030.jpg,
originally uploaded by dibranchia.
I was craving a frosted, sprinkled cupcake. How sad is it that I made a dozen cupcakes just so I could have 1 cupcake? (I also made a batch of frosting for it too.) This is the Golden Cupcakes and Fluffy Buttercream from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World with the only change being I used Silk's Pumpkin Spice instead of plain soymilk in both the cupcake and the frosting. Yummy. Hubby ate three of the cupcakes unadorned, I wanted the frosting, and HAD to have the sprinkles. After that 1 I'm fine. Good thing, because I really don't need more than that. :) I don't plan to frost all the cupcakes, I can freeze the frosting and just pull it out when I need it (I might actually divide it up before freezing into smaller containers anyway, since hubby's not an icing person anyway, that way I'll have frosting ready for the next time it hits.

I've made both of these recipes before, for my Mil's birthday. That time I added rosewater to both the cake and frosting and they turned out wonderful. This time I tried the cupcakes with oil instead of the margarine. They turned out a bit...flatter kinda. It's a bit harder to explain it. They are still peaked in the center, but they are a bit runnier so as they rose they didn't quite hold the cup shape as well for the ones that I overfilled a touch. Not a big deal, and it won't keep me from doing the oil version if I'm out of margarine at some point.

No comments: